From TV ads to social media campaigns, and everything in between, your business’ marketing options are endless.
But not all tactics are created equal. Some carry big price tags without netting big results.
Others will help you reach your target audience but will also force you to waste time and money targeting a high percentage of people who are unlikely to ever become customers.
Luckily, there’s a simple, tried-and-true solution.
Keep reading to learn five reasons why yard signs are the perfect advertising strategy for your small business.
1. They Target Your Actual Audience
You could invest money in costly internet ads or social media campaigns.
But even the best thought-out web marketing plan will end up targeting a high percentage of people who are unlikely to ever become customers.
For small businesses, this means targeting customers who aren’t located in your area.
Unless you offer a product or service that’s entirely unique, customers are unlikely to travel long distance for something that they could find in their own town.
That’s where a yard sign comes in.
They only target people who are already close enough to visit your business, so you won’t have to worry about wasted ad money.
2. They’re Low Cost
Many types of local advertising come with huge price tags.
From billboards to TV or radio commercials, to PPC social media ads, your small business marketing budget can disappear and provide only a limited source of advertising.
Yard signs are relatively low cost but can help you reach a large, targeted audience.
In addition to having high upfront costs, many forms of local advertising require repeated investments to remain effective.
TV or radio ads require both production costs and paid time slots.
Online advertising requires monthly, weekly, or even daily costs.
Even print ads must be produced and then mailed.
3. They Spread Brand Awareness
If your business has only a single location, the only brand awareness that you’re spreading in your area is word-of-mouth and awareness to those who drive by your business.
Spreading yard signs throughout your area of business is a great way to spread awareness of the services you offer and your company’s name and logo.
4. They Suggest Customer Satisfaction
Many businesses utilize a yard sign to target older customers who may not search online for local businesses.
But they may also be great for targeting young people as well.
Statistics show that millennials rank word-of-mouth as the number one influencer in purchasing decisions.
Signs in the yards of neighbors or simply an abundance of signs in an area they frequent can be as convincing as actual, spoken recommendations.
5. They Aid in the Infamous ‘Rule of Seven’ Advertising Principle
Studies have long suggested that consumers need to be exposed to a product or service at least seven times before they’ll decide to buy.
While this number has been debated, there’s no question that increased exposure leads to increased sales. Stationary signs can lead to far more than seven exposures.
Examples of Uses for Custom Yard Signs
With election season upon us, it’s hard to ignore the eye-catching yard signs that dot front yards around the country. But yard signs are for more than just supporting your favorite candidate. Inexpensive and engaging, a quality, well-designed yard sign made of durable materials can speak volumes about your company.
Here are some examples of how businesses can leverage yard signs to attract customers:
- Showcase/promote home services: Encourage customers to keep your sign in their yard for a certain period of time once you have completed work for them. It’s a customer endorsement and brand recognition for everyone who views it.
- Real estate: For real estate agents or FSBO sellers, yard signs are a must to get the attention of passersby and let them know that the property is “coming soon,” “for sale,” or “sold.”
- Contractors: Announce projects you are working on or direct people to or away from certain areas with well-placed yard signs.
- Grand openings: Use eye-catching custom yard signs around your new business to let people know you are open.
- Sales/specials: Use well-placed signage in highly visible areas near your store to advertise specials and boost sales.
- Festivals/events: Let the public know about a festival or upcoming event that you will be involved in.
Tips for Effective Yard Sign Marketing
Could something so simple be so effective? In short, yes, if you do it right. Here are some tips to get the most traction from your custom yard signs:
- Use high-contrast text and colors in your sign.
- Keep your design uncluttered to avoid distraction from your message.
- Keep your text short and sweet.
- Include a simple call to action (ex. phone number to call).
- Opt for a larger sign for a better response rate.
- Place your signs where drivers are most likely to see them (for example, near the road as opposed to right in front of a building).
- Put your yard signs in highly trafficked areas.
- Position your sign far enough away from your business so drivers have time to process the information and pull into the parking lot.
- Work with a company that specializes in custom yard signs for the best possible results.
Yard Signs are Perfect for Local Advertising
If you want a low-cost way to target your ideal audience, spread brand awareness, and more, yard signs may be the answer.
AZ Banners specializes in helping customers with beautiful, high-quality signs that get results. Get your free quote today, and start designing signs that will help you grow your business fast.
It’s time to leverage the power of yard signs. AZ Banners is the affordable signs and banners experts!
Call us at 480-458-8128 today! Our products ship fast, anywhere in the U.S.!